Solitaire is a classically common single player card game also known as Klondike or Patience Solitaire. When card games are being talked about, obviously Solitaire will be part of the list. Solitaire refers to a card game one can play by oneself without getting bored. It consists of a standard deck of 52 cards with the Aces value at 1, Jacks 11, queen 12 and kings 13.
The first objective is to release and play into position certain cards to build up each foundation, in a particular sequence and suit, from the ace through the king. The ultimate objective is to build the whole pack into the foundation and if that can be done, the Solitaire game is won.
Here are some tips for playing Solitaire;
- Always move the Aces to the foundation whenever they are given in the cards from the deck. This will in the long run make it easy for you.
- Try as much as possible to keep the right order. Always move the cards from the stockpile and once all these moves are finished, you then can move to cards dealt from the deck.
- Once a card is placed in the foundation located at the top left corner it cannot be moved.
- You should never forget the goal of the game which is to get all the cards in the foundation.
- Always aim at winning the game with minimum number of moves. That is try to get all the cards into the foundation with the smallest number of moves.
- Set your foundation wisely. You might find this difficult at the early stages.
- Only start playing the kings when it is most beneficial.
- It’s easy to learn
- Fine layout/graphics
- It keeps you company
- You never get bored
- It gets you carried away