TikTok is one of the most downloaded and entertaining musical apps these days. It came on the rise in August 2018, when Musical.ly was abruptly taken down from the google play store.
So, the users of Musical.ly started moving towards the app of TikTok. TikTok might strike you a bit similar to ‘Dubsmash’ but it’s way more than just an app to record a video. You can create lip-sync videos, record yourself dancing to music and even act on some of the dialogues from famous movies.
Basically, it offers a wide range of short videos to play with. In previous months, TikTok has seen a great rise in its users. It’s believed to be a very addictive app which includes some of the coolest features, ever seen in an app i.e. lip-sync videos, own user-profile and much more.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re just switching to TikTok or even if you’re an existing user, here are some of the best things you can do on this app;
Remember how it was such a hassle, to create a slideshow of your pictures and then add music to it? Well, it just became a lot easier with TikTok. This app allows you to make a video by sequencing your pictures in the desired way. You’d be surprised to see what an amazing job it does. To create an awesome slideshow of pictures on TikTok, follow the below steps:
- Launch the TikTok app and select the Add button in the app, present below
- Tap on the upload icon present at the bottom right on the in-app screen
- Select the images from gallery
- Create a slideshow by hitting the slideshow icon on the top of the in-app screen
Not only this but, the app lets you further customize it by using its different features such as adding effects and soundtracks in the slideshow to make it more attractive. Isn’t it great?
2. Download Other User’s Videos
What if you really like someone’s video and you feel like downloading it? Good news, the TikTok app allows you to do that. You can even share those videos. Note: Before we move on to the instructions, you must know that a video can’t be downloaded without publishing it first.
Here’s how to download the video:
- Open the video you want to download
- You will see the share option on the right side of the screen along with few other options
- As you open the share option, you will see save video option. Tap save video button to download it on your phone
3. Private Profile
As much as the technology is advancing, the boundaries of your privacy are fading with it. To help you keep your privacy while still using the app, TikTok lets you set your account on private.
- Go to settings in the app
- Select the privacy and safety settings
- You will see an option to switch your account into a private account, select it
Your account is now private and not everyone can view your videos. You’re welcome!
4. Get the Timing Right
Making a lip sync video on TikTok isn’t as easy as it sounds. Timing is the key ingredient that decides whether or not your video is up to the mark. But, it has been made easier with a simple trick, want to know how? Here are three simple steps:
- Select a music track that you want to record your video on
- Tap on the scissor icon on the right side of the in-app screen
- Trim the video from the point you want it to start
You can also do this after making your video, to better fit the music.
5. Make a TikTok Video Your Wallpaper
Sometimes, you just can’t help but fall in love with the video. To your surprise- there is an option in TikTok app, that allows you to make a video your live wallpaper on the phone. Follow these simple steps:
*Note: There are different steps for each of the platforms i.e. iPhone and Android.
- Open the desired video and tap on the share button
- Select the live photo and set it on your wallpaper from your gallery
First, download the ‘TikTok wall picture’app and then follow the above steps.
With the growing followers of TikTok, it is set to become the pinnacle of social media apps.
Check more articles for mobile apps here.